Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The way we were

For many years now I have witnessed the dissolution of the creative for the sake of the art.  In recent years it has become creativity on demand or accidental creative which rule the day.  This is a shame.  As a professional creative it has become increasingly difficult for me or any of my contemporaries to leisurely  create something just for the sake of its creation.  Its a shame because that is where inspirations comes from.  Due to the pressure to produce and fulfill deadlines and requirements of clients, meeting presentations, networking and prospecting I feel so tapped at the end of the day I really just want to forget work and watch a movie or do a crossword puzzle, yes Charlotte there is no program TV in my home (cable nor satellite dish).  But the moment of inspiration is defeated by the moment of availability.  My wife says that I could be creating instead of writing this blog so I will.   Tata for now.  TK 

No comments: